« The Smell and Taste Lab was born from my passion for fragrances & sensory, combined with my curiosity to understand their impact on well-being and health.
From my earliest childhood, I was further inspired by crossing the path of famous professionals and by my close collaboration with the academic Community as well as startups.
My background as Chemical Engineer, specialized in Perfumery developed over 25 years with positions in the R&D – Marketing – Innovation Departments of leading companies in Cosmetics and Healthcare, and my broad professional network, led me to create The Smell & Taste Lab. »
Anne Abriat is author of
9 scientific publications in Neurosciences from 2003 to 2011, at Boston, Orlando, Osaka, Amsterdam.. for the IFSCC and PANGBORN organizations
1 Patent in skin care: Characterization of a relaxing fragrance reinforcing the anti-wrinkle properties of a face cream
With TSTLab, I enrich my experience with the projects entrusted by clients.
Our projects are human adventures and they cover different topics:
- The valorization of ingredients until they are placed on the cosmetics markets.
- The Business Development Strategy
- The price strategy of the ingredient in its Market environment.
- The sensory norm of the ingredient
- The identification of innovative research topics with their adequate experts.
- The setting up of private-public research collaboration projects
- The identification of startups in the desired environment, for the right challenges.
These accompaniments with the client are long-lasting and durable.
They continue with role and position in the board of directors ….
Thank you to all my past and present customers who trust The Smell & Taste lab.
And in the future to come, to all potential and prospect clients, feel free to discuss on your future needs and challenges.
Anne Abriat brings along
- 30 years of experience in the Beauty Industry for local and worldwide brands
- 16 years of R&D in Research center for Skin care, development for laboratories of all product categories; Skin care, Makeup, Hygiene, Body care, Fragrances…in at interface with Marketing of all types of distribution 14 years R&D Skin care, development for laboratories in all segments
- 8 years in Marketing Strategic and Prospective, for Lancôme and other brands
- Creation of sensory and emotional signature for Luxury brands
- Fine Fragrance expertise applied to major mature markets and emerging (China, Brazil, Russia, Emirates…)
- Modelization of studies in Sensory Neuroscience with worldwide multidisciplinary experts to valorize Ingredients, Products, and Brands.
- 2 years in R&I department, Director of Sensory and Fragrance Innovation Hair & Skin care, Consumer insights studies. 2 to 5 years concepts development.
- 3 years at COTY Geneva R&D Center of Excellence in Fragrance and Body care, Build Fragrance Innovation mindset in the organization with CI, Procurement, and Marketing, Implement Fragrance sensory designed protocols and Collaborations with Academia, Develop Fragrances for Coty brands’ portfolio.
The expertise of Anne Abriat
Lectures at International Congress, Events, MBA ESSEC, Sciences-Pô, EPFL Food center
Professor at ISIPCA from 1990 to 2002
Volunteer at CEW “Ateliers olfactive – olfactive workshops” in various hospitals in Paris to work on the benefits of Fragrances for patients with different diseases: Cancer, Depression, Alzheimer….
Olfactive training with older people at EMS Les Mouilles: Based on research on Olfaction and age by Professor Hummel from Dresden Carl Gustav Carus Universitatklinikum, we use Olfaction as stimuli for Olfaction and cognitive senses such as memory, language, and social interactions.
Naturex independent Board member from 2012
Naturex Foundation board member
“If I had to define myself: Strategic, Developer, Creative, Coordinator between products and consumers from different countries of the world, a Facilitator, and a Link between Scientific world and Brands. I like to share and to propose my knowledge to serve your objectives, your expectations for the creation of new fragrances, new cosmetics, new ingredients….”
Conferences, TV- Radio (M6, BFM….)
A Network in SENSORY NEUROSCIENCE with worldwide multidisciplinary experts